Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hellion Lani "SKY" Fox Interviewed by PBWoman

PBWoman.com - May 12, 2010 – In a recent interview posted on PBWoman.com by Pam "Cookie" Robertson entitled "The Commander's Wife", Hellion Lani "Sky" Fox is asked by to tell what it's like to be the wife of a big game general:

Lani “Sky” Fox is an unusually interesting person when it comes to paintball. She runs double duty. being both wife and teammate to one of the most challenging commander positions of the year. Her husband and teammate, DJ "Honu" Fox will be commanding "The Man" side against the infamous and most adored Barney of Blue’s Crew at CPX Sports Living Legends of Paintball III produced By Viper. One thing I have personally noticed about Sky is that she is always up for the challenge when it comes to a hard job. I found her answers to be very interesting and supportive.

1. How do you feel about Honu commanding at LL3? I think this is a great opportunity for him and I'm very proud of him for taking on the task because as we've found out it's not an easy one.

2. Does it effect your relationship at home? Not at all. If anything it brings us closer together because we have a common interest and now everything he's told me over the years isn't over my head because I understand it now.

3. Do you get treated any different on the field or at a game than other teammates? I don't see any different treatment other than maybe not quite soooo much ribbing from the guys. I certainly do not expect any special treatment. I chose to get into this sport which is predominantly male and was aware of what may come from that. I believe our teammates have been very good at accepting me and really once you're around me you realize I can give as good as I get, so no need to curb your instincts around me.

4. Do you feel like you are under more pressure has a wife or a team mate to be supportive and take home a win? As a wife we are teammates so in either sense "we're in it together". The win really isn't important, yeah it's nice, but paintball is about having fun and getting together with your extended family. In all of our time together we've always been an "us against them" kind of couple and not in a bad way, just in a "we know we can always go to each other for support" kind of way.

5. What are some of the things you do has a wife to support his role has a commander? I've been active in trying to pinpoint some of the problems I've seen in the past in the base and trying to remedy them before they even start at LL3. In the time I've spent in different bases in the past couple of years I also see what works so we have been bouncing ideas off each other since he agreed to take on this role. The biggest change since he's agreed to do this is that he's on the phone a lot sometimes with some of the teams we are playing with and I get dizzy watching him pace the floor and doing laps around the living room.

6. Does the fact that you and Honu play on the same team make it easier or harder for you to play at games? I think it makes it easier because as I said we can bounce ideas off each other on the way to the game and on the way home we talk about what worked or what didn't so we know for next time. We also know each other very well so many times we don't even have to talk on the field. I'll see him doing something and I know instinctively what I should do. It's kind of cool because I've done things without thinking and he gets so proud. Almost like a proud dad.

7. Any comments to others who may have a spouse wanting to play? One of the many reasons I started playing was because our boys were getting older and they want to play so I started playing primarily because when they are ready it'll be great family time. Now that I've played I really enjoy it and it's a good time. Remember, there are all kinds of jobs that need to be done (front lines or near the base). You don't have to be physically gifted or a crack shot, the goal is to have a good time, getting exercise in the meantime and telling stories around the campfire after.

PBWoman is advertised as "The 1st Official Home for Female Paintballers on the Web -- All Tuff. No Fluff." For more information on PBWoman, contact Bambi. J. Bullard, PBWoman Writer and Media Contac, or write to PBWoman at P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, Texas 75494.

No comments:

Post a Comment